Hint: This website is not optimized for your browser version.
Easy to read information
Easy to understand information
This text is easy to read.
There are some difficult words in the text.
Difficult words are underlined and explained in the glossary.
You can click on an underlined word to find out what it means.
to the website www.smard.de.
SMARD is a website belonging to a German agency called the Bundes-Netz-Agentur.
SMARD stands for Strom-Markt-Daten in German. That means electricity market data.
What is SMARD.de for?
People and companies use electricity.
Some things about electricity are complicated, such as
- how electricity is made
- how electricity trading works.
There are a lot of things to remember. There are complicated calculations to do.
The SMARD.de website offers information on the electricity market that is easy to understand.
What can you find on SMARD.de?
You can find out about the electricity market.
In a few clicks, you can find answers to questions like these:
- How much electricity is being used now?
- How much electricity is used in the morning or the evening?
- How much electricity is sold to other countries?
- How much electricity is bought from other countries?
- How much electricity is being made now?
- How is electricity made?
- How much electricity comes from renewable energy
and how much comes from non-renewable energy?
This gives you a quick overview of the electricity market.
You can also read about the following topics:
- How does the electricity network in Germany work?
- How does electricity trading work?
- Why is the electricity network reliable,
so people can use electricity?
Who is SMARD.de for?
The SMARD.de website is for anyone who is interested.
It is also for electricity experts and politicians.
These are the 5 areas of SMARD.de
- Electricity market topics
- Market data visuals
- German electricity market
- Electricity market explained
- Data Download
1. Electricity market topics
In this section you can find new information on the electricity market.
- How much electricity has been made?
- How much electricity has been sold in electricity trading?
- How is there always enough electricity for consumers?
- How is the electricity market in Germany changing?
For example: it is not just 1 company that makes electricity.
Many companies make electricity.
Germany works together with other countries in the electricity market. This is another change.
2. Market data visuals
This section is about electricity market data.
A visual is something you can see.
This section of SMARD.de is a special section.
SMARD.de has very precise data.
SMARD.de has a lot of data.
You can find tables and graphs here.
You can change some things in the tables and graphs.
In 1 graph, you can see how much electricity is being used and how much electricity is being made.
You can see a table instead of a graph if you want.
You can look at data from some control areas. You can compare the data.
- Which control areas
make a lot of electricity from renewable energy?
- How much do electricity prices change in electricity trading?
- How are the control areas different?
You can decide if you want to see the data for a certain period of time.
- How much electricity does Germany supply to other countries?
- How much electricity does Germany get from other countries?
- Which countries supply a lot of electricity to Germany?
You can see how reliable the electricity supply is.
That means how definite it is that consumers get electricity.
3. German electricity market
You can get an overview of theelectricity marketin Germany in this section of SMARD.de.
- How much electricity do power stations make?
- How much electricity do power stations make from renewable energy?
- How much electricity do power stations make from non-renewable energy?
- How much electricity do power stations supply to other countries?
- How much do countries pay for electricity from Germany?
You mainly see maps and tables in this section.
You can change some things in the maps and tables.
You can change the time or the region you want to see.
There is a map with different power stations.
You can see power stations in Germany, Luxembourg and Austria.
You can see different things on the map.
- Where are the power stations?
- Which power stations are there?
- How much electricity do the power stations make?
4. Electricity market explained
This section is about the electricity market
You can find explanations ofimportantwords here.
You can also find this information in this section:
What is special about theelectricity market?
There must always be the right amount of electricity.
Too much electricity is bad for the network.
The power stations are not always allowed to work all at the same time.
It is important to plan which power stations work and when.
This section explains why electricity costs what it does.
Electricity suppliers pay for the electricity.
Then the electricity suppliers decide how much consumers pay for the electricity.
5. Data download
You can download information from our website to your computer from this section.